Well, It's taken me 62 years, but I said I wanted to be a writer when I was 10, and although I have had two books published and written many lectures and articles, my life has been about raising a family and becoming an expert at what I do, which is all about the body &and the brain.
Writing has been something I have done to complete a task, or prepare a presentation or blog....fit in between everything else I was doing; Never given the respect and time as my primary work. It always came "when I could make the time".
2011 is different. Now, writing is what I do...most of the hours of the day. I still am teaching the 5 exercises classes a week. Still shooting the tv series, still upgrading my website;but those things are now just a momentary distraction from what I am doing and thinking about all the time.
I have just entered 3 literary contests, with a compliation of my 30 years of poetry. I have completed a short story, which is another compilation of 3 short stories I started 25 years ago, and I'm entering a novella I wrote 35 years ago into my computer. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I'm really a writer!
Yeah!! It feels wonderful.
See, the being published doesn't make you a writer. Being so passionate about writing that you make it your primary use of time is being a writer. I'm finally there, and I feel as though I have finally come home.
n
No comments:
Post a Comment