So here I go ...again. I thought I'd done this before, but it appears too many moments have gone by since I did this (here, anyway). I have been blogging on my own website, nancyswayzee.com, for going on four years. As happens often in life, you get all excited about a project, and have EVERY intention of staying with it, and then ...
It's called LIFE - and definitely in capital letters. LIFE seems to get in the way of everything, but that's actually because we aren't really noticing LIFE, we are busy planning it, or regretting it, or trying to change it. We seldom stop and just appreciate it - yet it's all there is. Well, there is the alternative, but think how many sunsets or clouds or bird songs or babies faces you'd miss if you take THAT route. Now, I'm just as guilty as everyone else, and I WRITE about it. What's up with that?
Anyway, as my first (actually second) first blog, I thought I's send you something I wrote last year. It was to be the title of a new book ...and well may be, but for now, just take "the moment" to read it, and let me know what you think.
The Infinite Now
It is the only thing there is. It was there before, and all there is to come. It's the place where all questions are answered and it is the place of deepest quiet… the place of ultimate peace. It is the Infinite Now.
It is the home of the heart, the state of greatest awareness and the experience of all feeling. It is where you can go to, return to and abide…if you choose. It is always there. It is the only thing that's real… It is what is.
No matter how we strive, we cannot change or undo the past. We can correct past mistakes, by making amends, restitution or changing our mind or direction, but what ever was in the past, is just that … in the past! It's not in the now. The future is time that isn't here yet. It is unformed, it is a desire or a belief, or as someone described it …
"It is everything that hasn't happened yet."
What is now is feeling - or emptiness. What is now, is movement or stillness, awareness or just existing. What is now, is knowing, or being unconscious. In Buddhist terms, Now is being awake, conscious, a sentient being…one that is aware of his or her life.
Being requires awareness, it requires experiencing. It requires participating…but not in a way that demands action, it only asks for "noticing"….paying attention…being conscious of.
On the other hand, living implies nothing, it’s just existing; responding to the basic instincts that were incorporated into our genetic makeup. Being alive, is a completely different thing. It has to do with
the essence, the quality, the consciousness of living.
*** Nancylister Swayzee
2012
s
No comments:
Post a Comment