This "running has become our way of life, we've become obsessed with doing and having it all, and the tragic result of our lack of control or far-sightedness, is that we're burning ourselves out, so many reach their "golden years" only to be faced with disease that was primarly caused by lack of care of their bodies or their energy. Bruce Lipton, a cellular biologist, who did cutting edge research at Stanford, and is also a fellow author in Audacious Aging,
In AA Bruce describes how life began as single-cell organisms, who basically learned how to "split themselves apart" to produce progeny, because as a "community", life was easier than single, i.e. Two can live as cheaply as one. At that early stage, cells didn't die, they simply split into pieces and kept on going. The problem began when they began to split so many times, they began to fragment. Their "splitting" mechanism wore out. They just couldn't split themselves up anymore. Cells began to "age" and die. That is a perfect description of what many of our lives have become...so fragmented that we are prematurely aging. Okay, I'm not talking about getting gray earlier, or more wrinkles, I'm talking about the impact of ournstressful lives on our immune system. Regardless if the old are living longer, many of the young are dying earlier...from heart attacks and cancer; diseases directly related to our life styles. I want to use this blog to talk about how learning to live "moment by moment" is a wonderful way to take care of both your body's cells and your brain cells. "Noticing" is important to brain health. Noticing, slows down the cellular clock.
I'm assuming that this is an unusual enough opinion to create some debate, or at least desire for some dialogue. I'm hoping so. That's why I decided to blog here as well as on my own website. I'm passionate about this subject, so I have a lot to say. Let's talk. (more on this subject next blog)
n
p.s. excuse the different fonts and size. I'm not too tech savvy and couldn't find how to correct it on this page. Bear with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment