I find it so interesting that so many new experiences are happening to me in my 70's. It completely wipes out any pre-conception of how old age was going to be dull! To those of you who have been following my Moment by Moment blog on my website, you know I've been having some reticence about getting out there in the big wide webb world. Well, I jumped off the end of the diving board, so to speak. I joined something called "Biznik", a networking site for professionals and entrepeneurs who want to connect with others to increase their visibility. Fear of failure (an emotion most people have in common), has kept me from putting myself "out there", yet here I am...doing it.
I guess it's been one of the things on my "bucket list". Anyway, within just a few hours of submitting my article, I got published and some positive comments, This is an enormous shot of adrenaline. Now I want to write articles everywhere. I just submitted another one to a website called ezinearticles.com, which is interested in articles from professionals about their area of expertise. I kind of snuck in, not writing about the brain, but about how we live our lives - another big topic of interest for me.
I have submitted 2 other articles and have now been upgraded to an "Expert Author". Beginning this new blog here, is an attempt to gain some recognition as a writer (my NY agent suggested it!), but also to see how many others are pondering their lives in these difficult times.
When things get tough (and as we get older), there is a tendency to look back at our choices and to also evaluate our values. Now I'm not talking about self-judgement. I don't believe in mistakes, I genuinely believe that what ever path we choose when we are faced with a choice, has enormous value. Maybe we don't see it for years...maybe we don't ever see it at all - but our children do, or our choice ultimately benefited someone we didn't even know.
In the middle of a sleepless night, I finished reading a book I had read 40 years ago... "Siddhartha". In it, as he comes to his moment of enlightenment, he says, "The world is not imperfect, or slowly evolving along a path to perfection. No, it is perfect at every moment;every sin carries grace within it, all small children [are potentially old men and dying people - eternal life . It seems to me that everything is necessary, everything needs only my agreement, my assent, my loving understanding; then all is well and nothing can harm me".]
So although the path I am on right now is a little scary, at 71 I am moving from the goldfish bowl to the big pond. A big step...but as Deepak Choprah wrote so many years ago, "This moment is as it should be".
nancy
No comments:
Post a Comment